Friday, November 4, 2011

a little hello from me to you

October 27, 2011

Books!

Hello!
 
I realized that I have been asking for reading material and I haven’t told you all what I have read!
Here is a list of the books I have read J :

Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin (x2)
Something Blue by Emily Griffin (x2)
Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares (x3)
The Help
Eat, Pray, Love (x2)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The World Below by Sue Miller
No place for a Man by Judy Astley
Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
Thank you for Smoking by Christopher Buckley
Where the Heart is by Billie Letts
The Freedom Writers Diary

I average about 1 book every two days!
As I have said before anything you want to send me to read I will read!!

Peace Love and Reading is fun!

Ps If there are any PCVs that read this and want to swap books I am more then willing to do so, the only one that isn’t mine on here is Eat, Pray, Love.

October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

Hello blog readers! Happy Halloween! Even thou it doesn’t feel like Halloween here I am trying to get in the spirit. I drew two jack-o-lanterns on my wall with chalk and I bought a snickers bar to celebrate! YAY!

In other news:
I FINALLY swam in the ocean!! It was wonderful, peaceful and everything I hoped it would be! My friend Sandy invited me to go with her church to the beach on Saturday. I got up at 7 am and walked to her church where there were about 50 kids waiting to go to the beach! After a 10 min ride we were there and it was beautiful. The tide was low when we first arrived to no one could go in the water because there were a bunch of sea urchins in the shallows. After about 2 hours the tide had come in a bit and it was time to swim and swim we did! Walking in the shallows was sort of a challenge because I had to be careful not the step on my of the sea urchins but once I got deep enough I was able to swim with out touching the ground, it was super! I still want to try to find a beach closer to my house but Sandy said that there is a better beach by the airport so hopefully I get that one soon (or any beach soon) because it is starting to get really hot here!

I can’t believe that it is almost November, and that NJ and NY have snow! It is going to be weird to not see snow for two years! The weather here, as I mentioned above, is starting to get really hot, we are about enter in to cyclone and hurricane season so keep your finger crossed that the weather doesn’t get to bad.

That is all for now!

Peace, Love and Ocean Swimming!



No comments:

Post a Comment